You must register with the Global Cold Chain Conference Package option to access education.
Opening General Session Keynote
June 25, Noon - 1:15 pm
Jackie Caplan Wiggins is the co-owner, vice president, and COO of Frieda’s Specialty Produce.
The youngest daughter of produce trailblazer Dr. Frieda Rapoport Caplan, founder of Frieda’s, Jackie joined the family business in 1983. She was in the inaugural class of the United Fresh Produce Association’s Produce Industry Leadership Program in 1995, and in 2014 she received the Timothy Vaux Outstanding Alumni Leadership Award, which honors individual graduates of the program. In 2017 she was selected as one of the Women of Influence by the Shelby Report and the Packer 25 – Profiles in Leadership.
Closing General Session Keynote
June 27, 9:00 am - 10:00 am
The Global Cold Chain Expo is the place for all sectors of the cold chain industry to learn about industry trends in the temperature-controlled supply chain.
There are multiple types of educational programming offered:
- Cold Chain Conference presentations targeted at the middle management level of the following industries: food processors, distributors, retailers, transportation, and cold chain providers. The general sessions of the Conference feature high-level supply chain leaders from food processors and retailers. The breakout sessions of the Conference are focused on the following three audiences: Facility General Managers, Supply Chain Logistics Decision Makers at Food Companies, and Facility and Corporate Engineers.
- Show Floor Education highlights innovations in the cold chain and showcases new products and technologies that are impacting the future of the supply chain. These technical presentations will have a "takeaway" for each attendee that they can implement into their operations.
- The Listeria Learning Lab includes hands-on lessons and activities to help you better manage your day-to-day food safety operations, especially when it comes to handling Listeria monocytogenes.
- Innovation Showcase Spotlight highlights new products and technologies in a casual setting with quick, focused content.
- Construction X-Change is an informal discussion-based series of sessions for construction professionals to discuss trends, technologies, challenges. Sponsored by the International Association for Cold Storage Construction (IACSC).
- During Ask An Expert you'll get answers to your most pressing cold chain questions at the “Ask an Expert” Consultation Center. An eminent group of food scientists, logistics, and packaging experts from around the world will be stationed at the center, ready to discuss your cold chain challenges.
- At the Closing General Session on Wednesday morning, Domino's Executive Vice President of Communication, Investor Relations and Trade Affairs Tim McIntyre will deliver the keynote speech, as he discusses his 30 years of experience in communication and public relations.
Educational programming is designed for operations management, engineering, plant managers, transportation directors, and others who buy or lease cold chain services including growers and other food producers who own or lease cooling equipment, cold storage or handling facilities; food manufacturers, fresh processors, wholesalers, distributors and retailers who own or leases frozen and/or temperature controlled logistics and facilities; retailers who own or lease refrigeration equipment for maintenance of the cold chain at point-of-sale; and all parties throughout the supply chain who specify refrigerated transportation services from local to global needs.